We are used to making decisions when snacking at home: should it be a delicious, sweet dessert today or rather a salty snack? It's the same in the cinema: Before the film starts, it's usually: sweet or salty popcorn? Not anymore! Because the latest trend is: hearty meets sweet! We have selected a great recipe for you today: salty caramel popcorn!
FOR A LARGE BOWL
INGREDIENTS SALTY CARAMEL POPCORN
- 50g Popcorn loop popcorn corn
- Popcornloop Popcorn Oil
- 100 grams of salted butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (coarse-grained salt is fine)
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper. Then the popcorn as usual with the popcorn loop make and set aside. Melt the butter in a saucepan along with the brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and the maple syrup, then caramelize over high heat. This should be stirred constantly!
2. Drizzle the caramel over the finished popcorn and stir well. Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining salt. Place in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. Feel free to stir it once every 10 minutes.
3. Remove the popcorn from the oven, allow to cool, transfer to a large bowl and enjoy while lukewarm. YUMMY!
An insider tip for special connoisseurs: You can also combine this recipe wonderfully with vanilla ice cream. That tastes fantastic!